Letter to the Editor

Dear Sweet Briar Voice:

Jay Barnes. Photo courtesy of Jay Barnes.

$151 was raised at the Sweet Briar College American Cancer Society Relay For Life Car Wash at Physical Plant on Saturday, April 2.

I want to thank the following people and departments that made the car wash a success.

A special thank you goes to Steve Bailey of Physical Plant who allowed me to use the location, water, faucet and hose during the car wash.

I want to thank Mimi Wroten of the Rogers Riding Center who provided me with buckets to wash the vehicles, and Prothro Dining Services who provided me with towels and additional buckets. Thank you goes to The Briar Patch for providing me with three more buckets. A special thank you goes to American Cancer Society community manager Virginia Pulley and professor Tom Loftus. Plus, professor Loftus’ sons helped me wash the final car and their generosity was greatly appreciated.

I also want to thank Sweet Briar College campus safety officer Brad Wilson and his wife, Elizabeth, for visiting me during the cold, windy day and providing me with a warm lunch that was greatly appreciated. I want to thank those that allowed me to wash their vehicles, those that brought over a donation for the American Cancer Society Relay For Life, and anyone else that I accidentally did not mention.

Thank you to all for making the 2011 American Cancer Society Relay For Life Car Wash at Sweet Briar College a success!

Respectfully submitted,

Jay B. Barnes

Weekend Warriors Relay For Life Team Captain

Faculty Spouse at Sweet Briar College

X5889